to attain well inside the examination, candidates need to remedy as many sample question papers asfeasible. the subsequent sample questions were provided by way of SBI for the PO 2014 recruitmentexamination.
remember to check your answers at the quit!
that is a test to peer how properly you already know English. Your English language capacity might beexamined via questions about grammar, vocabulary, sentence of entirety, synonyms, antonyms, comprehension of a passage, and so forth. take a look at and solution the sample questions givenbeneath:
instructions FOR QUESTIONS 1,2,3: pick out the most appropriate word from amongst the phrasesgiven beneath every sentence to finish it meaningfully.
Q.1. He speedy glanced ………………………… the e book to discover what it said about the Indianeconomy.
(1) at (2) thru (three) in (four) to (5) over
Q.2. The counsel urged the court to ……………………… down the obnoxious regulation.
(1) enact (2) enforce (three) cancel (four) strike (five) claim
Q.three. The neighborhood respectable ……………………… the Minister of the situation.
(1) explained (2) warned (three) apprised (four) instructed (five) intimated
instructions FOR QUESTIONS four,5,6: study every sentence to discover whether there’s any grammatical mistakes in it. the error, if any, may be in one part of the sentence. The quantity of that part of the sentence is your solution. If there may be no error, the solution is (five).
Q.4. i’m twenty / years old / once I first / joined the financial institution. No blunders
(1) (2) (3) (four) (five)
Q.5. To the Hindus / the Ganga is / holier than / any other river. No blunders
(1) (2) (3) (four) (five)
Q.6. Of all the teachers / in our school / our elegance instructor / were very strict. No error
(1) (2) (3) (four) (5)
instructions FOR QUESTIONS 7,eight,9: In each of the following questions, pick out from among thefive alternatives, the phrase nearest in that means to the phrase given in capitals.
(1) light (2) risky (three) lethal (four) cruel (five) thoughtless
(1) a shield (2) 100 years (three) a completely old man (four) hundred runs (five) hundredth anniversary
(1) triumph over (2) spoil (three) earn (four) courageous (5) seize
guidelines FOR QUESTIONS 10,11,12: In each of the following questions, select from amongst the 5options, the word maximum opposite in meaning of the word given in capitals.
(1) simple (2) weak (three) stupid (four) irritated (5) moron
(1) good enough (2) to be had (three) sluggish (4) negligent (5) intentional
(1) accurate (2) skilful (three) practical (4) inventive (5) apt
query 1 answer 2
query 2 solution 4
query 3 solution 3
query 4 solution 1
question 5 answer five
question 6 answer 4
question 7 answer three
query eight solution 5
question nine answer 1
question 10 solution 5
question 11 solution five
question 12 answer 2